With a brace of Mohamed Salah and a goal from Jordan Henderson, Liverpool defeated Brighton 3-1 and this is the 30th victory of the teachers and coach Juergen Klopp this season. Take a look at the Brighton vs Liverpool result below.
Brighton vs Liverpool result: A drought of score in a foreign land
Despite being a guest on Brighton’s field, Liverpool still shows a superior class compared to the opponent. Right from the 6th minute, teachers and coaches Juergen Klopp opened the scoring thanks to Mohamed Salah.
Naby Keita stole Davy Propper’s ball just before Brighton’s penalty area. This player passed the ball to Salah and the Egyptian striker did not miss the opportunity to open the score for The Kop.
Two minutes later, Liverpool continued to have a 2-0 lead and the author was Jordan Henderson. The Liverpool captain took a long shot unstoppable from outside the box following Salah’s assist.
Salah is Liverpool’s brightest star in the Brighton vs Liverpool result match
Before the first half ended, Brighton had a goal to reduce the score to 1-2 when Leandro Trossard beautifully volleyed in the penalty area to defeat goalkeeper Alisson.
But in the 76th minute, Liverpool restored the difference to two goals and the one who scored this time was Salah. From the right corner situation, Andy Robertson crosses the ball to the Egyptian star and headed down to defeat goalkeeper Matthew Ryan. 3-1 Brighton vs Liverpool result is also the final score of the match.
With this result, Liverpool has 30 wins after 34 rounds, they are 92 points and still have the opportunity to break the record of 100 points of Man City. Meanwhile, Brighton ranked 15th with 36 points, 9 points lower than the relegation group.
Brighton vs Liverpool result:
- LINE UP:
- Brighton (4-2-3-1): Ryan – Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Burn – Propper (Bissouma 70 ‘), Stephens – Gross (Connolly 70), Allister (Mooy), Trossard – Maupay.
- Liverpool (4-3-3): Allison – Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Williams (Robertson 46,) – Henderson (Milner 79), Wijnaldum, Keita (Fabinho 61) – Salah, Firmino (Minamino, 86), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Mane 61).
- Goals scored: Brighton – Leandro Trossard (44 ‘); Liverpool – Mohamed Salah (5 ‘, 75’), Jordan Henderson (9 ‘)
For the first time after Covid-19, Gabriel Jesus scored in the Premier League
Here are some memorable statistics after the Brighton 1-3 match Liverpool round 34 Premier League season 2019-20.
– Brighton only won 2 of the 14 Premier League matches in 2020 (lost 5, drawn 7), at least the league.
– Liverpool had the first away win after 5 draws (1) and lost (4).
Liverpool had their first away victory in 5 matches
– However, Liverpool has won their 13th away match this season, the most in their history.
– Liverpool were 2-0 ahead of Brighton after only 8 minutes of the match, the fastest time since May 2011 before Fulham (7 minutes).
– Mohamed Salah was directly involved in 8 goals after 6 matches in the Premier League against Brighton (5 goals and 3 assists).
– Jordan Henderson has scored more Premier League goals in the 2019-20 season (4) than the previous 3 seasons combined (3).
– Liverpool has won 30 of the 34 matches in the Premier League this season (lost 2, drew 2).
– Liverpool is the fastest team to win 30 matches/season in English football history.
– Brighton 1-3 Liverpool, James Milner made his fifth Premier League appearance in the Premier League, the fifth in all time.
– Salah has reached the direct participation of 100 goals in the tournament (73 goals, 27 assists).
– Salah is the fourth player to do this after Steven Gerrard (212), Robbie Fowler (158) and Michael Owen (148).
– Leandro Trossard has scored in two consecutive games in a league for the first time since April 2019 for Genk.
– Naby Keita has assisted in two consecutive Premier League matches for Liverpool. The first 37 matches for this club in the tournament, he only has 2 assists.
Join Betting with: US HERE